The Burk’s Falls Dam is a hydro-electric generating station and water level control structure on the Magnetawan River.
Local woodworking industries first used Burk’s Falls as a source of power in 1885. In 1904 a rock-fill crib dam was built across the river. This was reconstructed in 1923 and new generators were installed. The plant was owned and operated by the woodworking firm, Knight Brothers Limited. In 1950, when the municipality became associated with the hydro system, the Burk’s Falls Generating Station was acquired by Ontario Hydro. Continuing in operation for another decade, the 245 kilowatt station was retired from service in 1960.
The existing plant was constructed in 1985 utilizing the existing intake with a new penstock, turbines and generators. Bracebridge Generation purchased Burk’s Falls power station in 2005. Hydroelectric power generation has occurred at the Burk’s Falls Dam since 1923. The current Burk’s Falls power station has been in operation since 1985.
| Burk's Falls | ![]() | Burk's Falls |
| Location | 79°24'42.03"W 45°37'10.11"N |
| Park | None |
| Watercourse | Magnetawan River |
| Form | Dam |
| Flow | Year Round |
| Crest Restriction : Access | None : Easy |
| Foot Restriction : Access | None : Moderately Easy |
| Height : Width (m) | 8.50 : Unknown |
| Height : Width (ft) | 27 : Unknown |
| Authority / Owner | Unknown |